Generator Fumes Kills Family Of Three In Imo

Tragedy has struck in Imo State after generator fume killed a couple and their daughter in the state on Sunday .


The incident happened in the Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of the State .


When contacted on Monday , the police spokesperson in the state , Orlando Ikeokwu, said that the police had taken over the investigation process.


Ikeokwu said that the deaths were ” was sudden and unnatural. ”

He said that the Police Divisional Police Officer in the area led his men to the scene and found the lifeless bodies of the victims .


He gave the names of the deceased as Luscious Iwunze , Ngozi Iwunze and Geraldine Iwunze.


The police spokesperson said, “ A report was received at the Divisional Police Headquarters , Isiala Mbano LGA, about the mysterious death of three persons.


“ In view of that , the DPO led a team of policemen to the scene and met the lifeless bodies of Luscious Iwunze , Ngozi Iwunze and Geraldine Iwunze .


“ However, preliminary investigation revealed that they died as a result of fume ( carbon monoxide) emitted from a power -generating set .


“ The corpses have been evacuated to a morgue, and the Commissioner of Police , Imo State Command, has ordered a full-scale investigation into the incident . ”

, ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to toolbar